Back to Character Creation Guidelines
- Traits are explained by Paizo as “half feats” because they view a single trait as roughly half the power of feat. Therefore, gaining two traits in the beginning roughly equates to gaining a bonus feat.
- You may select up to three (3) traits for your character. Traits help plant seeds for a backstory or the
- The first trait you choose must be a Campaign Trait, this trait ties your character into the Second Darkness storyline and gives you a built-in reason to begin the first adventure. These campaign traits can be found in the Second Darkness Players Guide found in the Downloads section of the Useful lInks page [here].
- Your second and third traits can be Basic Trait found in any of the remaining categories: Combat, Faith, Magic, or Social. These traits are allowed to come from any source. The only restriction is that you may only select one trait from any given category. For example, you can select a combat and a faith trait, but you may not select two combat traits.
- Note that each of these four categories roughly equate to the four modes of adventuring, but are not tied to specific classes. It’s perfectly possible to have a religious rogue, for example, or a magic-obsessed fighter.